Whether you have been asked to lead an existing Girls in Action® (GA®) group or are starting a new group, you are on an exciting journey! God is inviting you to lead girls to understand and be radically involved in the mission of God. While this is a wonderful opportunity, it can be challenging to know how to get started. We join you in preparing for this leadership role. This is a wonderful place to begin. This course offers a variety of interactive learning activities that will introduce you to the basic information you will need to lead GA. You will also have opportunities to apply what you are learning to your GA group for your church setting to help you get started with confidence.
- Leading Girls in Action is a self-paced, 30-day course. You can work on each learning activity or assignment when it is most convenient for you for 30 days after you have registered for the class. Your registration day is considered one of the 30 days. You will be notified 2–3 days before the end of your 30-day course period and again when the 30 days has expired. Please let us know if you need to extend your time. We want you to have an opportunity to complete your course.
- The course was designed so participants could complete all of the learning activities and assignments in no more than four hours. This time could vary based on personal learning style. However, you should be able to easily complete this course within the 30-day period by committing at least one hour per week during this time frame.
- During the 30 days you are registered for Leading Girls in Action, you will be able to access and view all of the information from the learning activities and assignments. However, once an assignment is submitted, you will not be able to change your responses.
- As a participant, you will have a personal online portfolio that will remain available to you after completing this course and maintaining a profile on this site. During the 30 days you are registered for this course, you will be able to save files of your work and some of the course information in your portfolio for future reference. You will receive a prompt asking if you would like to save some of the files from the course information or files of your work in your portfolio throughout the course. Be sure to save the files you want to be able to view after you complete the course in your portfolio.
- This Develop course has been created for your personal and ministry development. Part of the learning experience is the opportunity to interact with and receive feedback online from WMU leaders as you complete the learning activities and assignments. Rather than receiving a grade at the end of this course, your course work will either be "Complete" or "Incomplete." If you complete and submit the assignments in the course and receive satisfactory feedback from the WMU facilitator, you will receive a "Complete" at the end of the course
- This course is designed to help you LEARN about leading Girls in Action as you complete five modules based on the acronym LEARN. Each module has been created with an educationally sound purpose that will assist you in gaining the most you can from this course. Take time to become acquainted with the LEARN modules so you are familiar with the course framework before you begin:
- In each module there are learning activities and assignments. Learning activities provide the basic content for the course and information you will need to begin leading Girls in Action. Assignments are opportunities for you to apply what you are learning to the Girls in Action group you will lead and assess what you are learning. When you complete an assignment, you will be prompted to submit the assignment to your WMU course facilitator. This will be your opportunity to receive feedback and interact with the WMU course facilitator. Your course facilitator will look forward to answering any questions you may have and providing any further information that will assist you as you lead your Girls in Action group.
The course includes several videos. Watch our "Getting Started with Girls in Action" video to make sure your computer will play the videos correctly.