We are so excited you are interested in learning more about Christian Women's Job Corps®/Christian Men's Job Corps®. The purpose of this ministry to provide a Christian environment in which women and men are equipped for life and employment. There are CWJC®/CMJCSM sites throughout the United States and the world. This class will provide you with a basic understanding of the ministry. You will learn about the history of CWJC/CMJC, like how we began and the milestones along the way. You will also learn about the basic principles of CWJC/CMJC, its purpose, and the elements a part of every CWJC/CMJC site. Throughout the course, you will see videos of CWJC/CMJC participants who have been impacted by the ministry. This course will allow you the opportunity to evaluate what this ministry could look like in your community and how you could be a part.
- Getting to Know CWJC/CMJC is a self-paced, 30-day course. You can work on each learning activity or assignment when it is most convenient for you for 30 days after you have registered for the class. Your registration day is considered one of the 30 days. You will be notified 2–3 days before the end of your 30-day course period and again when the 30 days have expired. If the 30 days expire before you have completed the course work, you will need to re-register and pay the registration fee again to complete the course.
- The course was designed so participants could complete all of the learning activities and assignments in no more than four hours. This time could vary based on personal learning style. However, you should be able to easily complete this course within the 30-day period by committing at least one hour per week during this time frame.
- During the 30 days you are registered for Getting to Know CWJC/CMJC, you will be able to access and view all of the information from the learning activities and assignments. However, once an assignment is submitted, you will not be able to change your responses.
- As a participant, you will have a personal online portfolio that will remain available to you after completing this course and maintaining a profile on this site. During the 30 days you are registered for this course, you will be able to save files of your work and some of the course information in your portfolio for future reference. You will receive a prompt asking if you would like to save some of the files from the course information or files of your work in your portfolio throughout the course. Be sure to save the files you want to be able to view after you complete the course in your portfolio.
- This Develop course has been created for your personal and ministry development. Part of the learning experience is the opportunity to interact with and receive feedback online from WMU leaders as you complete the learning activities and assignments. Rather than receiving a grade at the end of this course, your course work will either be "Complete" or "Incomplete". If you complete and submit the assignments in the course and receive satisfactory feedback from the WMU facilitator, you will receive a "Complete" at the end of the course.
- This course is designed to help you get to know CWJC/CMJC as you complete five modules based on the acronym LEARN. Each module has been created with an educationally sound purpose that will assist you in gaining the most you can from this course. Take time to become acquainted with the LEARN modules so you are familiar with the course framework before you begin:
- In each module there are learning activities and assignments. Learning activities provide the basic content for the course and information you will need to begin Getting to Know CWJC/CMJC. Upon completion of an assignment, you will be prompted to submit the assignment to your WMU course facilitator. This will be your opportunity to receive feedback and interact with the WMU course facilitator. Your course facilitator will look forward to answering any questions you may have and providing further information about CWJC/CMJC.