You are on an exciting journey! God is inviting you to lead adults in your church to understand and be radically involved in the mission of God.
While this is a wonderful opportunity, it can be challenging to know how to get started. We want to help you in preparing for this leadership role. This course offers a variety of interactive learning activities that introduce you to the basic information on the developmental stages of adults. You will have opportunities to apply what you are learning in the different leadership roles you may have. We want to help you do this with confidence.
- Uniquely Designed: Adults is a self-paced, 30-day course. You can work on each learning activity assignment when it is most convenient for you for 30 days after registering for the class. Your registration day is considered one of the 30 days. Our desire is for you to complete the course in the time you need. If the 30 days will expire before you have completed the course work, please notify the course facilitator to extend the time provided for you to complete the course.
- The course was designed so participants could complete all of the learning activities and assignment in no more than four hours. This time could vary based on personal learning style. However, you should be able to easily complete this course within the 30-day period by committing at least one hour per week during this time frame.
- During the 30 days you are registered for Uniquely Designed: Adults, you will be able to access and view all the information from the learning activities and assignments. However, once an assignment is submitted, you will not be able to change your responses.
- As a participant, you will have a personal online portfolio that will remain available to you after completing this course and maintaining a profile on this site. During the 30 days you are registered for this course, you will be able to save files of your work and some of the course information in your portfolio for futures reference. You will receive a prompt asking if you would like to save some of the files from the course information or files of your work in your portfolio throughout the course. Be sure to save the files you want to be able to view after you complete the course in your portfolio.
- This Develop course has been created for your personal and ministry development. Part of the learning experience is the opportunity to interact with and receive feedback online from WMU® leaders as you complete the learning activities and assignments. Rather than receiving a grade at the end of this course, your course work will either be “Complete” or “Incomplete.” If you complete and submit the assignments in the course and receive satisfactory feedback from the WMU facilitator, you will receive a “Complete” at the end of the course.
- This course is designed to help you LEARN about leading and teaching adults by completing each of the five modules based on the acronym LEARN. Each module has been created with an educationally sound purpose that will assist you in gaining the most you can from this course. Take time to become acquainted with the LEARN modules so you are familiar with the course framework before you begin:
- In each module, there are learning activities and assignments. Learning activities provide the basic content for the course and information you will need to learn about the developmental stages of adults. Assignments are opportunities to apply what you are learning and then practice what you are learning in your Women on Mission® group, Sunday School class, etc. Upon completion of an assignment, you will be prompted to submit the assignment to your WMU course facilitator. This will be your opportunity to receive feedback and interact with the WMU course facilitator. Your course facilitator will look forward to answering any questions you may have and providing any further information to assist you as you lead out in WMU or in whatever leadership capacity you have in your church.
So let’s get started learning about Uniquely Designed: Adults!
- Begin by going to the “Modules” page (see link in the information box on the left of your screen).
- For assistance navigating this site at any time, click the “?” box in the dark blue ribbon at the top right of your screen to access the “Help” pages.