Welcome to Uniquely Designed: Children
Whether you will lead a Children in ActionSM (CASM), Girls in Action® (GA®), or Royal Ambassador® (RA®) group—or will soon start a new group—you are on an exciting journey! God is inviting you to lead children to understand and be radically involved in the mission of God.
While this is a wonderful opportunity, the beginning is often challenging. We want to join you in preparing for this leadership role. Uniquely Designed: Children offers a variety of interactive learning activities that introduce leaders to the stages of childhood development and how to lead children to live missionally in each of the stages. You will have opportunities to apply what you are learning to your CA, GA, or RA group for a confident start.
- Uniquely Designed: Children is a self-paced, 30-day course. You can work on each learning activity or assignment at your convenience for 30 days after registration (day of registration is one of 30 days). You will be notified two to three days before the end of your 30-day course period and again when the 30 days has expired. If the 30 days expire before you have completed the course work, you will need to register and pay the fee again to complete the course.
- The course is designed so participants can complete all of the learning activities and assignments in four hours or less. This time could vary based on personal learning style. However, you should be able to complete this course easily within the 30-day period by committing at least one hour per week.
- During the 30 days you are registered for Uniquely Designed: Children, you will be able to access and view all of the information from the learning activities and assignments. However, once an assignment is submitted, you will not be able to change your responses.
- As a participant, you will have a personal online portfolio that will remain available to you after course completion. During the 30 days you are registered for this course, you will be able to save files of your work and some of the course information in your portfolio for future reference. You will receive a prompt asking if you would like to save course information files or personal work files in your portfolio. Be sure to save the files you want in order to view them in your portfolio.
- This Develop course has been created for your personal and ministry development. Part of the learning experience is the opportunity to interact with and receive feedback online from WMU® leaders as you complete the learning activities and assignments. Your course work will either be “Complete” or “Incomplete,” instead of receiving a letter grade. If you complete and submit the assignments in the course and receive satisfactory feedback from the WMU facilitator, you will receive a “Complete” at the end of the course.
- This course is designed to help you LEARN about leading your group as you complete five modules based on the acronym LEARN. Each module has been created with an educationally sound purpose that will assist you in gaining the most you can from this course. Take time to become acquainted with the LEARN modules so you are familiar with the course framework before you begin:
- Each module contains learning activities and assignments. Learning activities provide the basic content for the course and information you will need to gain a basic understanding of childhood developmental stages. Assignments are opportunities to apply what you are learning to the CA, GA, or RA group you will be leading and assess what you are learning. Upon completion of an assignment, you will be prompted to submit the assignment to your WMU course facilitator. This will be your opportunity to receive feedback and interact with the WMU course facilitator. Your course facilitator will look forward to answering any questions you may have and providing any further information that will assist you as you lead your CA, GA, or RA group.
So let’s get started learning about children!
- Begin by going to the “Modules” page (see link in the information box on the left-hand side of your screen).
- For assistance navigating this site at any time, click the “?” box in the dark blue ribbon at the top right of your screen to access the “Help” pages.
The course includes several videos. Watch our "Getting Started with Girls in Action" video to make sure your computer will play the videos correctly.