Leading Children in Action
Leading Children in Action
Whether you have been asked to lead an existing Children in ActionSM (CASM) group or you are starting a new group, you are on an exciting journey! God is inviting you to lead children to understand and be radically involved in the mission of God.
While this is a wonderful opportunity, it can be challenging to know how to get started. We want to assist you in preparing for this leadership role. This is a wonderful place to begin. This course offers a variety of interactive learning activities that introduce you to the basic information needed to lead CA. You will have opportunities to apply what you are learning to your CA group for your church setting to help you get started with confidence.
- Leading Children in Action is a self-paced, 30-day course. You can work on each learning activity or assignment when it is most convenient for you for 30 days after registering for the class. Your registration day is considered one of the 30 days. You will be notified 2–3 days before the end of your 30-day course period and again when the 30 days has expired. If the 30 days expire before you have completed the course work, you will need to re-register and pay the registration fee again to complete the course.
- The course was designed so participants could complete all of the learning activities and assignments in no more than four hours. This time could vary based on personal learning style. However, you should be able to easily complete this course within the 30-day period by committing at least one hour per week during this time frame.
- During the 30 days you are registered for Leading Children in Action, you will be able to access and view all of the information from the learning activities and assignments. However, once an assignment is submitted, you will not be able to change your responses.
- As a participant, you will have a personal online portfolio that will remain available to you after completing this course and maintaining a profile on this site. During the 30 days you are registered for this course, you will be able to save files of your work and some of the course information in your portfolio for future reference. Throughout the course, you will receive prompts asking if you would like to save certain files from the course information or the files of your work in your portfolio. Be sure to save the files you want to view after you complete the course in your portfolio.
- This Develop course has been created for your personal and ministry development. Part of the learning experience is the opportunity to interact with and receive feedback online from WMU leaders as you complete the learning activities and assignments. Rather than receiving a grade at the end of this course, your course work will either be "Complete" or "Incomplete." If you complete and submit the assignments in the course and receive satisfactory feedback from the WMU facilitator, you will receive a "Complete" at the end of the course
- This course is designed to help you LEARN about leading Children in Action as you complete five modules based on the acronym LEARN. Each module has been created with an educationally sound purpose that will assist you in gaining the most you can from this course. Take time to become acquainted with the LEARN modules so you are familiar with the course framework before you begin:
- In each module there are learning activities and assignments. Learning activities provide the basic content for the course and information you will need to begin leading Children in Action. Assignments are opportunities to apply what you are learning to the Children in Action group you will be leading and assess what you are learning. Upon completion of an assignment, you will be prompted to submit the assignment to your WMU course facilitator. This will be your opportunity to receive feedback and interact with the WMU course facilitator. Your course facilitator will gladly answer any questions you may have and provide any further information that will assist you as you lead your Children in Action group.